DSS Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form & Portal – dss.gov.ng
DSS Recruitment 2021 » Department of State Service (DSS) Recruitment 2021 guidelines on how to apply and other vital information are available on this page. All you need to do is to focus and learn how to apply for the DSS Recruitment.
Department of State Service Recruitment 2021
- 1 Department of State Service Recruitment 2021
- 2 Requirements and Qualifications Needed for the DSS Recruitment
The Department of State Service (DSS) has officially opened her DSS Recruitment portal www.dss.gov.ng which means that the recruitment is now ongoing and interested persons can now apply.
Over the years, the Department of State Service Recruitment has been recruiting new staff into their office and this year hasn’t been left out either. The process for applying for this DSS Recruitment is simple and straightforward. You can do it at your home or workplace. But we advise you seek assistance in any cyber café close to you if you do not know how to hover the internet.
Department of State Service Recruitment 2021: Easy Steps to Apply
The application process for this DSS Recruitment is not completed online. You will need to write a formal letter which carries your local government of origin. The letter must be signed by your local government area head or any top official in your local government area.
- State Security Service (SSS) Recruitment
- Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
- Customs Service Recruitment
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
The cover letter for the DSS Recruitment should be handwritten and addressed to the Director-General of the Department of State Service.
You are also required to attach your complete statements of result and two passport photographs (White color background).
After compiling all these together for the DSS Recruitment, you need to contact the DSS headquarters in your state of origin to submit your application.
But before applying for the Department of State Service DSS Recruitment, there are certain requirements and criteria you need to meet. These criteria are very important and you must ensure to meet them before applying for this recruitment.
Requirements and Qualifications Needed for the DSS Recruitment
- Firstly, you need to be the inherent citizen of Nigeria.
- Male candidates should be at least 1.7m tall while female candidates should be at least 1.64m tall.
- Chest measurement for both males and females should be at least 0.87m.
- Applicants must come with a medical report from a federal hospital in Nigeria.
- Also, the applicant must not have a form of physical disabilities
- Furthermore, applicants must be fluent in the English Language and have a great sense of humor.
- Lastly, pregnant women are advised not to apply
Finally, for more inquiries, you can visit the DSS Official Website – www.dss.gov.ng
What are the Functions of the DSS?
Just like other government agencies in Nigeria, the prestigious Department of State Security functions have a well legal backing. As regards to this, the DSS functions as mentioned in the 1986 National Security Agencies Act are which states;
- Firstly, to prevent, detect, and also act against any kind of crime against the internal security of Nigeria.
- Secondly, to protect and preserve all other non-military classified matters that concern the internal security of Nigeria.
- Also, to attend to responsibilities which include matters that affect internal security within Nigeria at the National Assembly or the President, as the case may be, may deem necessary.
- Furthermore, to prevent and detect any type of crimes of a military nature against the security of Nigeria.
- Also, to protect and preserve all military classified matters concerning the security of Nigeria, both within and outside Nigeria;
What are the Strengths of the DSS?
The Department of State Security’s productivity, skillfulness, personnel size, and firearms are its greatest assets. Over the years, the Department of State Security has had a number of achievements in the delivery of its services. Employees of the DSS are also considered to be highly qualified.
The IMI Tavor Tar-21 assault rifle, the FN P90 personal protection weapon, and the FN F2000 assault rifle are among the standard assault weapons issued by the Department of State Security to SSS Combat Operatives/Security Protection Officers (S.P.O). The organization also has a range of Basix Technologies backscatter X-ray screeners installed on vans for detecting IEDs, as well as handheld IED jammers for VIP security in public spaces.
The Department of State Security’s staff size, on the other hand, is largely undisclosed since such knowledge is classified by the service. Nonetheless, it is estimated that the DSS employs over 2000 officers.
Department of State Security Salary Structure
The monthly pay of Department of State Security officials is confidential information since it is a highly secretive government agency. Their pay, on the other hand, is arranged according to the ranks of the officials. The Director-General of the DSS is said to raise the most money on a monthly basis, with a salary of $1,336,000 million.
From the highest to the lowest level, the estimated salary of DSS employees includes
- Brigadier General –
- Major General –
- Lieutenant General –
- General –
- Major –
- Lieutenant Colonel –
- Colonel –
- Second Lieutenant –
- Lieutenant –
- Captain –
- Staff Sergeant –
- Sergeant –
- Corporal –
- Lance-Corporal –
- Private –
- Recruit –