International Institute of Tropical Agriculture 2021/2022 Recruitment Update
IITA 2021/2022 Recruitment Update: Presently, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is recruiting. Furthermore, this content will direct you on the basic knowledge on how to apply for the ongoing 2021 recruitment. On behalf of HarvestPlus, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is seeking the appropriate Nigerian role below at its country office in Ibadan.
As you go through this content, you will be guided on the IITA recruitment 2021 responsibilities, advocacy and policy engagement, competency, and lastly, qualification for the job application.
position: Program Manager, Commercialization of Biofortified Crops
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Recruitment 2021/2022 Job Responsibilities
Successful candidates will perform the following functions, among other items.
Stimulation of supply and demand for bio-fortified seeds and refined foods
- Identify and engage promising SMEs with a high willingness to invest in the biofortified seed market, focusing on trustworthy farmer associations/groups and aggregators.
Advocacy and involvement with policies
- Defines policy constraints that impede VAC and VAM commercialization by building on evaluation reports
Catalytic financing of seed and processed food SMEs
- Identify businesses in the growth phase (input supply and processing) and carry out an in-depth examination of financing needs to understand and define their key constraints. For more info, please contact our website.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Recruitment 2021/2022 Job Competencies:
The perfect applicant must have:
- First, proven knowledge of the value chain players in agriculture (especially cassava and maize) and support of Nigeria’s service institutions
- Secondly, working experience with services sponsored by DFID, BMGF AND USAID
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Sourcing and Supply Chain Management, Marketing, General Agriculture or Related Fields with a minimum of six (6) years of working experience in agricultural commodities and rural development activities.
In a friendly campus setting, we deliver highly competitive pay with equally desirable benefits and outstanding working conditions.
Method of Application
Lastly, involved applicants can complete their online application on the IITA website http://www.iita.org/careers by adding a cover letter with a comprehensive curriculum vitae saved in a single Microsoft Word format file. Also, the request must include the names and e-mail addresses of three competent referees, including the candidates, the current previous direct supervisor, the professional counterpart, and evidence of the current remuneration plan.
Finally, IITA is an employer with equal opportunities and especially welcomes applications from both sexes. GOODLUCK.