Federal and State Civil Service Commission Salary Structure 2021/2022: In this article, we shall be discussing Civil Service Commission Salary Structure for both Federal and State Organization/Parastatals.
It has been noticed that Millions of Nigerian citizens always dream of getting a high-paying job immediately after graduation. The question is, what is the Federal and the State civil service salary structure in Nigeria like? Why is it that many individual wishes to join the Federal Civil Service Commission Than the State Civil Service Commission? The difference is in the Federal Civil Service Commission Salary Structure, and We have selected some of the useful information regarding the salary scale of these Federal and the State civil service jobs. Therefore, as you read through you will definitely find this content very interesting as it worth your attention.
Federal and State Civil Service Commission Salary Structure 2021
- 1 Federal and State Civil Service Commission Salary Structure 2021
- 2 What is the new minimum wage in Nigeria?
The Federal Civil Service Commission is the primary regulator of all civil servants in the Nigerian government. It is in charge of the whole system’s transitions and arrangements. It is in charge of enforcing disciplinary measures against its employees. Many Nigerians claim that public-sector jobs pay better than private-sector jobs.
They are more difficult to obtain, but they guarantee a consistent income for several years. When we examine the SGL in greater detail, the financial benefits become clearer (Salary Grade Level).
What is the Federal Civil Service Commission, exactly?
The Federal Civil Service Commission is Nigeria’s administrative body, with the authority to hire, move, and discipline Federal Civil Servants throughout the country. Apart from the chairman and commissioners, the Office of the Head of Civil Service Federation has jurisdiction over all employees.
The Federal Civil Service Commission Salary Structure is touted as one of the highest paid establishments in Nigeria and also one of the best places to work, particularly if you want to develop a good career with job security and many financial benefits, which is why the most young Nigerians apply for the commission’s recruitment process online almost every year.
Before we go through the Federal Civil Service Commission pay structure for those who are interested, I’ll go through their obligations, or better yet, the commission’s duties, which include:
- Senior officer recruitment;
- Establishing the appropriate criteria for employee promotions, discipline, and appointments;
- Responsibilities include: representing civil service commissioners at ministry senior staff committee meetings;
- Reviewing and accepting recommendations on senior officers’ disciplinary cases;
- Conduct promotion interviews and exams to ensure that officers are promoted to senior roles.
Federal Civil Service Commission Salary Structure / Salary grade level in the Nigerian civil service
The Federal Civil Service Commission Salary Structure in the Nigerian civil service is very similar to that of other government-based employees. For example, the lowest monthly salary paid to civil servants is about 18,000 Naira. Let’s use this amount to figure out who gets paid most and who has to live with the system’s lowest pay.
1. Least paying worker/workers: You would be paid N18,900 a month as a least paid staff on Grade Level 01 Step 01 if you are working as a least paid staff. If you add it up over the course of a year, the lowest-paid employees earn a total of N226,800.
2. School leaver: Upon jobs, a school graduate will be assigned to Grade Level 04 Step 1. He or she will be paid N242,994 per year.
3. Officers in Charge:
To begin, you will be assigned to grade level 06 phase 01, which means that an officer at the FCSC will be paid N316, 229 per year. Only when one reaches phase 15 does one’s pay increase. In a year, he or she will be paid N487,295 in salary.
4. Diploma certificate holder: As a diploma certificate holder in the Nigerian Federal Civil Service Commission, you will be paid N43,163 per month with Grade Level 07 Step 1. When the monthly salaries are added together, the annual salary should be N517,965.
5. Counterparts of officers:
In contrast to policemen, counterparts are assigned to Grade Level 09 Step 01 and are paid N780,656 per year. Increament can only be obtained after completing Phase 15, which pays N1,152,698.
6. Graduate: On Level 08 Phase 15, the graduate salary at the Federal Civil Service Commission is N81,000 per month and N978,663 per year.
7. Director of the Civil Service
With a monthly salary of N454,344 and an annual salary of N5,452,136, only the director is the highest paying employee at the FCSC.
What is the new minimum wage in Nigeria?
The Nigeria Labor Congress has expressed opposition to the country’s proposed minimum salaries for federal and state employees. The Federal Civil Service Commission Salary Structure is set at N27,000 and N30,000, respectively. According to the Labor Department, such a pay disparity is unfair because both federal and state employees join the same job market when they begin their job search.